These are the simplest and healthiest cookies I have made, ever. Hands down. And, my family LOVES them.
Almond Flour [Holiday Cookies]
[Vegan; Gluten Free; Low Sugar]
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or 3/4 cinnamon/ 1/4 nutmeg blend)
- ½ teaspoon pink sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tbs coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (or almond or coffee flavor depending on who is going to eat them)
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Add in wet ingredients and then mix them into dry ingredients.
- Roll out dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper until about ¼ thick
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes
- Remove top piece of parchment paper
- Cut out cookies with small cookie cutters
- Using a metal spatula, place cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake at 350°F until lightly browned, ~ 5 minutes.
- If you care what they look like, let cookies cool completely before handling them.