After my recent trip to San Diego ComicCon, I was feeling a little under the weather. Go figure, that is what sleepless nights, air conditioned rooms, gelato and a bacon cheeseburger (on a gluten-free bun, of course) would do to me. Packed with fiber and protein, this superfood salad turned my frown upsidedown and inspired me to go meatless on Mondays and re-cut out the dairy for a bit too. BALANCE!
Red Quinoa + Apple Salad
[Gluten Free; Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups red quinoa, cooked per package directions
- 2 apples, cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened raisins and cranberries or a combo of both
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- To taste: Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, Pink Sea Salt, Pepper
- Put all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix them up (so not like in this photo). Refrigerate until time to serve.